Happy New Year!
Yes, I know we are 6 days in already. However, I have spent the last few days relaxing and resting up for a great year. While I was supposed to return to the working world on Thursday, there was some snow in the Northeast that shut down New York. So, I extended the holiday a bit. Nothing like a fresh start on a Monday. So now as I look ahead into 2014 I am ready to take on the world. In the true fashion of “New Years”, I have some resolutions/goals/topics of focus in mind.
- Firstly, I will remain calm. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I try to do A LOT in a little bit of time. That is who I am. However, I will take a breath and try to enjoy each day instead of just trying to check everything off of my to do list. I will even take some time for relaxing and enjoy it instead of thinking about something else that I need to do.
- Next is probably the most difficult goal, but I will be more present. I will spend less time with technology and more with human beings (specifically, hubby, the kids and other family). So many of us are guilty of this and I am ready to admit that it is a problem. (If hubby is reading this, he is now smiling, but doubting my willpower.)
- The next is very cliché so apologies in advance. I need to get back on track with my diet and exercise. I need to treat my body better and it will be stronger. I have gained 5+ pounds over the last few months and that makes a difference on a 5 foot 3 inch frame. Eat more veggies, less crap and work out. It’s really that simple. Unfortunately simple isn’t always easy. But, I’ll get there!
- I started a lot of things in the past few years that remain unfinished or a work in progress. I will commit to complete my ACE training certification finally. I will work on my blog to make it that much better for you. I will get better organized.
- I will run consistently and uninjured (fingers crossed) throughout the year.
- I will train for and run several half marathons and attempt to remain in the sub 2 hour category.
- I will not run a marathon in 2014. (Can you resolve NOT to do something?)
Other things I would like to focus on in 2014:
It’s a long year ahead and I am excited to start.
What are your goals for the year?