The summer is in full swing. My daughter graduated from PreK and my boy has started day camp.
While my 9-5 remains, it’s the little things that I appreciate the most.
- Less traffic – After the last day of school, the traffic gets better and my commute generally gets quicker (except on Fridays when everyone is running out of the city.)
- Longer days – Yes! While running in 90 degree weather isn’t the most fun, at least we have options for running early mornings and late evenings. The sun sticks around so we can feel safe (or at least that’s what I like to believe.)
- Half Day Fridays – I mentioned traffic on Fridays, but I don’t complain about it because my company gives us half days on summer Fridays.
- Frequent Happy Hours – The warm temperatures require hydration and often we do that with margaritas. It always seems more acceptable to enjoy an evening drink at a bar with fresh air flowing through.
- BBQs – Three words “Barbecued hot dog,” enough said!
- Sandals – I hate covering my feet. I would wear flip flops every day if I could run in them. (I will spare you the picture of my feet. Your welcome!)
What’s your favorite things about summer?